What is Patent Registration?
Patent as among the unique conceptual of business ideas in order to serve the corporate mass needs a fair level of protection. In order to face and revert forcefully against any type of maltreat, numbers of acts and rules have been established by the concern authority including patent registration, patent enforcement, patent opposition, patent drafting and many more. All these laws and acts regarding patent services have really protected the business world from being getting infringement.
At compsec, we want to help save you time and money protecting your invention with a patent.
The process for registering a patent can be very time-consuming and difficult to navigate. However, working with an experienced patent attorney on compsec to help you properly prepare your application, monitor your application’s progress, and formulate any additional follow-up paperwork or submissions is the best way of maximizing your success of the USPTO granting you a patent to protect your invention.
Whether you are trying to register a patent for a utility, design, plan, or software – you can easily tap into our vetted network of highly experienced patent attorneys who can help you through the process of protecting your invention with a registered patent and save you thousands of dollars in fees, as opposed to working with a big law firm.
To get started registering a provisional patent or a non-provisional patent, you can easily post a job request for free and compare proposals from several great attorneys that are highly experienced in patent law.
If you want to successfully file for and register a patent, a qualified patent attorney can help you, but first you’ll need to determine if your invention is actually ‘patentable’, meaning it must be statutory, novel, useful, and nonobvious.
Next, you need to determine what type of patent application you will need to file.
- Provisional Patent – A provisional patent application allows you to put a “patent pending” label on your invention. This gives you up to one year to essentially save your spot in line and decide if you would like to move forward with filing a non-provisional patent.
- Non-Provisional Patent – This is the standard patent application that will protect your invention for up to 20 years. This is the more formal type of patent application, and requires a detailed explanation of your invention specifications.
- International Patent – The Patent Cooperation Treaty allows an inventor to file a single international patent application to protect his or her invention in any country that is a part of the Treaty.
Types of Patents
There are four types of patents:
- Utility Patents – This is the most common type of patent because it covers a broad range of categories. A utility patent protects the way something is used and how it works.
- Design Patents – This type of patent has to do with protecting the visual shape embodied in a product or article of manufacture. The design will be considered an ornamental feature of the product.
- Plant Patents – Anyone who invents or discovers a new and distinct variety of plant and is able to asexually reproduce it, can be granted a plant patent. This basically means that the plant must have been multiplied without the use of genetic seeds and cannot be found in an uncultivated state.
- Software Patents – This is the type of patent you will need to protect original computer software.